Monday, September 24, 2012

I am the worst at blogging/ George is 1!

Seriously, I suck at blogging. It's been almost a year since I've posted anything, this is because I always find a reason not to. Either I'm busy, or tired, or George is awake, or George is acting up, or or or.... But from here on out I promise to try and post something at least once a week. My daughter is amazing and funny so it's not like I'm at a loss for things to write about, so here we go...

On the 16th (Sep) George turned one! (Oh lord where did all the time go?) And we celebrated! Steve and I wanted to do just a small lunchtime get together, but alas the world has different plans. It actually didn't turn out so crazy, but we did have to rent a room because nobody had a house big enough for everyone to be comfortable and have room for the kiddos to play on the floor. So we rented a room and our family all came, about 20 people in all. (Minus my brother and his wife who had to work, cause Layne's job sometimes sucks) It was great and Georgie was really well behaved. Seriously she didn't get a nap, was manhandled all day and still behaved for pictures, with only one minor melt down.There was lunch, and a cake made by Grandpa Ray, He did our cakes when my brother and I were kids, so it only seemed fitting. And a general good time was had by all.

 

George got a good selection of presents, mostly clothing and books, (Yay) as well as a dysney train set that sings (Thanks Nana Joyce!) George loves it, and it is a very cool toy, on the down side, every time George turns it back on it plays the same verse of "I just can't wait to be king" From the Lion King, which I think may send Steve and I off the deep end... But George loves it! she will crawl over, make it sing, dance, go do something else or possibly play with the animals that ride the train, then push the button again, repeat. She is however a child of music and dance, so I can't really hold it against her (or take it away) but my sanity is slipping...



So Since George is now one I'll update you to her milestones so far! At one Year of age, Georgina can;
  • Crawl
  • Pull herself up and cruise (She's been doing this almost longer than the crawling)
  • say Mama, Dada, Dog, Bye Bye, and Lilla (Gorilla) with 90% accuracy. Mind you Lilla, is most toys and the occasional blanket, not just her toy Gorilla, which is her favourite and the reason she learned the word.
  • She can feed herself with a spoon, mostly, getting food on the spoon is a bit tricky.
  • she can drink from a sippy cup, a straw and a water bottle (with supervision)
  • If you ask her "where is Georgina?" she will point to herself and makes noises that I think will become her name. This poor kid does not have any easy name to learn.
  • Just this week she's been experimenting with standing on her own, and will walk while holding my fingers, she happiest with two but will sometimes switch to one if there is someone to walk to.
  • She chatters almost non stop and is very good at entertaining herself.
  • She climbs. Oh lord, she climbs. I've been told this is payback for when I was a child and tried to climb the pictures on the wall. And she is strong!  I've seen her do chin ups on surfaces she wants to get onto. She is a growing concern!
On the other hand there are still some things we've yet to encounter, George still has no teeth! I'm beginning to fear we will need a baby set of dentures. She wants to eat what I eat and will try her darnedest, but the lack of teeth is slowing her down. 
She is not walking yet, which most of her friends are, but she was also slow to crawl and slow to roll, so I'm not worried. Actually she's enough trouble as it is, I can only imagine what a problem she'll be once she can walk...

So now that you know a bit more about the kiddo, here are some birthday photos, for more fun we have a twitter account @andnowgeorge Follow us won't you?








No comments:

Post a Comment